Limiting apache's upload speed?

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Mon Apr 14 22:57:27 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 15 April 2008 00:15:45 David Kaye wrote:

> Just as a side note for anyone S'ing the FA's, when I ran:
>
> #pkg_add -r mod_cband
>
> it pulled down a version of mod_cband compiled for Apache 2.0, with Apache
> 2.0 therefore being a dependancy, it was pulled down as well. After I
> removed 2.0, I needed to reinstall 2.2 and make mod_cband from ports. None
> of this was a problem, I just thought it should be on the list somewhere.

If you pull packages from FreeBSD servers, then you should expect them to use
default options (more to the point, the options defined by PACKAGE_BUILDING
if the port specifies it) and default dependencies.
The default APACHE_PORT is www/apache20. If you use www/apache22, then
you 'cannot' use those packages.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.