Defer Checking on USB Drive

Andy Christianson achristianson at orases.com
Mon Apr 14 19:45:22 UTC 2008

I have a production server running FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE, and it has
stability issues. The problem is that after a crash, it takes quite a
while to get back up and running. Most of the time is spent doing a file
system check on a 500GB USB drive with a single UFS partition. I noticed
that my var, root, an dtmp partitions all have their checks deferred,
which is the desirable behavior as it gets the server back up and
running as soon as possible. Is there a way to have the file system
check for the partition that resides on the USB drive follow this same
behavior?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--
Andrew Christianson