qmail w/ SMTP auth using freebsd port

Jeff Dickens jeff at seamanpaper.com
Mon Apr 14 13:21:06 UTC 2008

I used the patches and documents from qmail.jms1.net and built my own
qmail, and it works well.  I think a port that tracks qmail + jms1's
current combined patch set would be well received.

BTW, I copied the maintainer of the qmail port on my earlier message,
and it eventually bounced:

  garga at FreeBSD.org
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<garga at FreeBSD.org>:
    host mx1.freebsd.org [69.147.83.52]: 450 4.7.1 <garga at FreeBSD.org>:
    Recipient address rejected: Service is unavailable:
    retry timeout exceeded