Pkg_info corrupt for some packages

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at freebsd.org
Sun Apr 13 15:40:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 11:41:19AM +0200, Aijaz Baig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well...I tried to cut and paste the command as is by mel (though It would
> have been better if you explained what that cryptic looking command actually
> meant) and I got the followinfg output:
>
> 'grep: /var/db/pkg/xorg-server-1.4_4,1/+CONTENTS: No such file or directory
> egrep: Unmatched ( or \('

Find out how many packages lost their contents:
ls /var/db/pkg/*/?COMMENT|wc -l
ls /var/db/pkg/*/?CONTENTS|wc -l

Last time portupgrade removed all contents on my box, I had to
extract port origins from pkgdb.db, then
mkdir /var/db/pkg-old/
mv /var/db/pkg/* /var/db/pkg-old/
for i in origins; do
	cd /usr/ports/$i && make install