Pkg_info corrupt for some packages

Aijaz Baig aijaz.abaig at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 09:41:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

Well...I tried to cut and paste the command as is by mel (though It would
have been better if you explained what that cryptic looking command actually
meant) and I got the followinfg output:

'grep: /var/db/pkg/xorg-server-1.4_4,1/+CONTENTS: No such file or directory
egrep: Unmatched ( or \('

Then as suggested by leslie I issued a command '*pkgdb -F*' and on that I
got the following on the terminal :
'-- -->  Checking the package registry database' and the I was back at the
prompt.

So I am wondering if theres a way to repair those packages somehow...cuz if
I delete it before re installing the I would be jeopardizing the packages
which are dependent on these packages and I do not know if reinstalling them
without actually removing them first creates duplicates or not.

Hope to hear from you guys about this.

Regards,

Aijaz Baig.