ZFS-Pool is lost after reboot ( amd64 )

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Fri Apr 11 20:34:20 UTC 2008

> If I run zpool import x1 it works. But as you say it should do it by its
> own. Maybe it whould be the best to open a bugreport ?

In addition to what has already been mentioned by Ivan Voras, make sure
your /boot is not the subject to strangeness. Specifically, imported pools
are kept track of in /boot/zfs/zpool.cache. If you somehow have multiple
versions of your /boot, or it is read-only somehow, you may see problems like
this.

(For example, if your real /boot during boot is different from the location
actually at /boot once the system has mounted all filesystems, and ZFS is
loaded at boot due to loader variable.)

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'