Adobe Flash Player Petition

herbert langhans herbert.raimund at gmx.net
Wed Apr 9 22:38:04 UTC 2008

Thanks to all the input I found a solution what works for me:

FreeBSD 7.0 and Firefox 3.0a2 (the firefox-devel port)

1. I deinstalled swfdec.
2. Closed Firefox and renamed .mozilla to .mozilla.backup
3. Started firefox so to generate a new and clean .mozilla
4. #make install /usr/ports/www/nspluginwrapper
5. Downloaded
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P2_Platform=Linux
--the .tar.gz format.
6. Extract libflashplayer.so from install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz and copy it to ~/.mozilla/plugins
7. Then, as normal user:
$nspluginwrapper -v -a -i (to install)
$nspluginwrapper -l (to check if its installed)
8. Copied the settings, like bookmarks.html and other stuff like themes from .mozilla.backup to .mozilla (dont copy the whole bunch back not to overwrite the plugin settings)
9. My /etc/rc.conf has the entry linux_enable="YES" -- I suppose this is necessary.

That way you can enter the wonderful world of annoying advertisment even without using Windows..

Cheers
herbs