Screen inside Jails + su

Wael Nasreddine mla at nasreddine.com
Tue Apr 8 22:00:19 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a FreeBSD server which is Jails based, I have created a special
jail to run 3 rTorrent process for 3 users, I made all the permissions
and added the users, then I launched manually (for testing purpose)
these screen sessions for the 3 users using the below method:
- jexec onto the jail.
- su to the user: su -l wael
- run a detached screen: screen -dmS Rtorrent
  I have a .screenrc for each user in place to run one command,
  rtorrent

Now I have 2 questions:
1) How can I add this procedure to the jail startup??
2) I can't attach the screen, everytime I try to I get an error:
     # su -l wael
     % screen -Dr Rtorrent
     Cannot open your terminal '/dev/ttyp6' - please check.
  What's going on? why can't I attach the screen session ??

Thanks :)

--
Wael Nasreddine
http://wael.nasreddine.com

/<o>\ I had a friend who was ready for a memory upgrade on his Mac notebook, and he
/<o>\ wanted to know how much "megaram" he needed.