Large file system creation

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Tue Apr 8 19:47:57 UTC 2008

> On our older servers that wouldn't even recognize a 2TB partition
> (which is where the OS was too), we used a CF card and CF card adapter
> to boot from.  Slightly more gracious...

CD/DVD drive isn't bad too. anyway - you don't change kernel every day.

or pendrive. possibly floppy but i don't know if kernel (with at least
disk driver and ufs) can fit on it compressed. i don't think so.

ZIPdrives internal (i've got a bit for free).

netboot

or simply small hard disk. there are lot of options.