Mail Spool Problems / IMAP

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Tue Apr 8 18:55:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Chuck Swiger wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Chris Maness wrote:
>> It does seem like something something is corrupt.  What can I do to reset
>> everything and restore everything so that thunderbird can read my inbox
>> again.  I have contempalted deleting the user, but I'm not sure if that
>> will delete what ever is corrupted.
>
> Try to delete the account in T'bird, quit, and then re-add the account.  Also
> check /var/log/maillog...imapd should be reporting errors if it sees anything
> wrong...
>
> --
> -Chuck

I tried doing that, but I still have the same errors.  Also, squirrelmail
will list the e-mail, but when I click on the e-mail, I get the message:

ERROR:
The server couldn't find the message you requested.

Most probably your message list was out of date and the message has been
moved away or deleted (perhaps by another program accessing the same
mailbox).
Click here to return to INBOX

Also, I see no messages from imapd in the message log.  The grep command
pulls nothing.

THanks,
Chris