Mail Spool Problems / IMAP

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Tue Apr 8 17:50:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Jerry McAllister wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 05:49:16PM -0700, Chris Maness wrote:
>

>>> Hi, Chris--

>>> Can you double-check your mbox file?
>>>
>>> With the most recent 2007 version of UW-IMAP, I've seen intermittent
>>> corruption of the first line of a mbox file (ie, the "From foo" header)
>>> which causes the mbox to be unreadable by most clients until it is fixed
>>> by hand. It seems to be correlated with simultaneous write access by
>>> people who have a normal MUA and a second device like a smartphone
>>> (iPhone/Treo/BB).
>>>
>>> I've seen just over a half-dozen of these since Jan...
>>>
>>> --
>>> -Vhuvk
>>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> How do I check it?  Should I use another IMAP server?
>
> The best way is to look at the file with an editor such as vi.
>
> ////jerry

How is this header look?  I am not quite sure of what I am looking for.

Date: 08 Apr 2008 10:49:02 -0700
From: Mail System Internal Data <MAILER-DAEMON at chrismaness.com>
Subject: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA

This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
a real message.  It is created automatically by the mail system software.
If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be re-created
with the data reset to initial values.

To: kq6up at kq6up.org
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antennas and Photons?

Chris Maness