wireshark

FreeBSD.Arno freebsd at rgbaz.eu
Mon Apr 7 19:11:48 UTC 2008

Hi Lowell, thanks for your response,

On 7 apr 2008, at 16:23, Lowell Gilbert wrote:

> "FreeBSD.Arno" <freebsd at rgbaz.eu> writes:
>
>> I installed wireshark on my computer and got this error trying to run
>> it:
>>
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libhx509.so.2: Undefined symbol
>> "oid_id_pkcs1_rsaEncryption"
>
> That library doesn't even exist on my machine that has wireshark
> installed from ports.

that's strange... what version do you run?
i have version 0.99.8

I just did a make config, disabling everything and 'make install clean'

even now:
me at home# ldd /usr/local/bin/wireshark | grep libhx509
	libhx509.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libhx509.so.2 (0x2a69b000)

>> I've found some posts of people reporting the same problem, but none
>> of them mention a solution.
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-ports@freebsd.org/msg10746.html
>>
>> Did anyone solve this problem yet?
>>

>> uname -a:
>> FreeBSD <ip> 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #18: Mon Mar 31 17:48:52
>> CEST 2008     Me at amadeus:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KERNEL_7  i386
>
> Figure out where that library comes from, and rebuild it and maybe its
> dependencies?

i found there's a bug reported here for subversion, but i don;t have
that installed

i also found heimdal using this it an people reporting he same error
i installed heimdal but the problem remained the same

i'll try to figure out why wireshark needs this lib on one machine and
not on the other...

thanks
Arno