I'd like some help

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sat Apr 5 23:14:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 12:18:11PM +1000, Da Rock wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 19:51 -0600, Chad Perrin wrote:

> > > Go to the download section of the site and download the iso files. Once
> > > you have those, double click on them and burn them to disk.
> >
> > Last I checked, the MS Windows built-in CD burning software didn't do
> > burning from an image -- you'd need third-party software.  Burning an ISO
> > without such software would just result in a copy of the ISO on the CD,
> > rather than a CD that would boot up an installer.
> >

> Which software were you using and how long ago? I've used Roxio, Nero,
> and Easy CD Creator- all of which did that. Most bundled burning
> software will do it automatically. They offer burn from cd/dvd  image,
> as well as data cd creation, so when you double click on an iso file it
> sets up to burn the image for you.
>
> If you haven't got the bundled software installed I agree with you
> though. Fairly uncommon though.

Err, I didn't notice this until now.  Please excuse my late reply.

I was talking about the CD burning software that's built in to MS Windows
XP, not any third-party software.

John W. Russell: "People point. Sometimes that's just easier. They also use
words. Sometimes that's just easier. For the same reasons that pointing has
not made words obsolete, there will always be command lines."