Local package mirror

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 17:09:02 UTC 2008

Hello Lowell,

Thank you so much for the reply. I am trying to do the build once and
use prebuilt packages for the target boxes. However the problem I am
facing is a bit crude.

Lets assume I am trying to build pkgA which has dependencies of pkgB
and pkgC. The process I am following is

cd /usr/ports/xxx/pkgA ; make package. This makes the prebuilt package
in /usr/ports/ packages. However it does not case about pkgB which is
a dependency.

On a target system when I am trying to pkg_add it, it is rightly
complaining about a missing dependency and also saying that it cant
find the package in the local repository and aborting.

How can this be taken care of?

Thanks
Subhro