openoffice.org-2.4.0_2 hanging

Volker Glatz softwareleute at freenet.de
Fri Apr 4 23:41:40 UTC 2008

Hi there,

I compiled openoffice with

WITHOUT_MOZILLA=yes WITH_KDE=yes LOCALIZED_LANG=de WITH_CUPS=yes
WITHOUT_GNOMEVFS=yes WITH_TTF_BYTECODE_ENABLED=yes

Openoffice is hanging while opening or saving a document.

I tried the following posted earlier here in the list:

> There have been comments about problems with
> openoffice freezing when saving or opening files.  It
> appears to involve language/locale stuff.  For me, the
> following seems to work with the 2.4 package (perhaps
> not with 2.3.1_1) on 6.3-RELEASE.
>
> 1.  As root, edit /etc/login.conf to set your system
> language.  Mine is now:
>
> # diff /etc/login.conf.0 /etc/login.conf
> 45c45,46
> <       :umask=022:
> ---
>
> >       :umask=022:\
> >       :lang=en_US.UTF-8:
>
> 2. As root, update the login.conf.db:
>
> # cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf
>
> 3. Log out and log in again.
>
> # echo $LANG
> en_US.UTF-8
>
> 4. As root, force openoffice to use your language (the
> -f seems critical):
>
> # openoffice.org-SRC680_m242-setofficelang -a -f en-US
>
> (Note that's en-US, not en_US.)
>
> (The user who's going to run openoffice might need to
> do the same thing.  It also might help, if problems
> persist, to remove/rename your ~/.openoffice.org2
> directory and start fresh.)

It doesn't worked for me. Instead of en-US I use de-DE.

Thanks!
Volker

box# pkg_info | grep openoffice
de-openoffice.org-2.4.0_2 Office-Suite mit Textverarbeitung,
Tabellenkalkulation, Dat

box# uname -a
FreeBSD box.here 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sun Feb 24 19:59:52 UTC
2008     root at logan.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386