Problem starting X as user

herbert langhans herbert.raimund at gmx.net
Fri Apr 4 13:46:37 UTC 2008

Maybe rename /home/frank/.xinitrc to /home/frank/.xinit.rc.backup

Then copy /usr/local/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc to /home/frank and rename xinitrc to .xinitrc (and chown it to frank while youre at it).

As you have it now and you start as root it currently uses /usr/local/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc. When you start as user it might use /home/frank/.xinitrc.

Working?
herbs