Network setup

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 10:02:56 UTC 2008

Hi Ruel,

On 04/04/2008, Ruel Luchavez <ruel.freebsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi....
>
>  I'm a beginner on this kind of industry I hope you guys will help me because
>  i really want to LEARN..and i cant get any support on my fellows...:D
>
>  I have a Linksys wireless-g broadband router model WRT54G here and I tried
>  to configure it..but still i could not connect to Internet.
>  I don't know if I've configured it wrong..could some one help me how to do
>  it step by step?
>  I would like to set-up this in our existing network for us to have wireless
>  connection in other building...
>  We are using DELL Power Connect 2724 here..

if I understand you correctly you need help to generally set up your router.
This can't be handled on this help, but I think we can help you to
configure your FreeBSD box if you want to connect to your WLAN once
its set up.

If you need help with the Linksys-Router you should search for a
linksys based Mailing List, or forum. The people there are Linksys
Users themselves and know how to deal with this stuff. IMO there's a
good forum out there with lots of helpfull people:
http://www.linksysinfo.org

In case I misunderstood you and you have a FreeBSD specific issue,
please provide some details of where your problems are, what Hardware
you're using. And what you tried.
There's an entire chapter in the FreeBSD handbook dealing with this
Wireless Networking, too. Please see
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.html

You might want to read on basic networking, too.

HTH
Christian