Fwd: 6.3release AMD64 NFSclient and 4.10/11

Used Equipment resale_equip at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 02:22:20 UTC 2008

 After beating my head for several hours, I'm hoping
 we can confirm the lack of backwards compatibility
with 4.X.
 Although the server can be called from any 4.X client

 and connect with the 6.3amd64 release nfsd. The 6.3
 client does not connect with 4.X server.

 The standard response is
 : RPCPROG_NFS: RPC: Program not registered
 Only on the client to a 4.X machine.

 Also note nfsiod does not start on amd64 release.
 even manually starting the daemon which isn't
 required necessarily, does not core dump or start.
Nor is it visible in ps or in the logs.

 Even during boot/kernel load no errors are indicated
 for client.
nsfd is running fine.
rpcbind appears to be ok.
client big zero.  nfsiod -n 4
also used nfsclient stopped and restarted in rc.d
same issue.

exports is complete and fine
hosts.allow also is set for rpcbind and nets are
correct.
mountd is -r

Also double checked the handbook for nfs and
everything is the same.

Anyone else see this in release 6.3?

Rick