7.0-CURRENT Ports Collection?

NetOpsCenter noc at hdk5.net
Sun Sep 30 14:11:31 PDT 2007

James Jeffery wrote:

>Does 7.0 come with a disk for the Ports Collection or would they have
>to be downloaded from the internet?
>
>Im having trouble getting packages from the web, lots of errors when i
>try to install them. Everything seems dependant on everything else.
>
>Once i get the SSH to work i will post some output. But for now, is there
>a problem installing packages on 7.0?
>
>Thanks

Aloha,

I have been down loading various ports for 7.0 CURRENT since January. 2007
Only problems I have had were with the Open Office Download  and the Sun
licensing. I have never been able to clear the errors on that issue.
All the other down loads from Ports and the OS itself have been flawless
on several boxes with different motherboards.
Some older motherboards can give you grief with downloads and using
HD's over  10 gigs or so.

~Al Plant - Honolulu, Hawaii - Phone: 808-284-2740

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org + noc at hdk5.net +
  + http://internetohana.org   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* +