Viewing jpegs with Mutt

Harry Matthiesen Jensen freebsd at elgert.dk
Sun Sep 30 00:03:40 PDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 07:45:34PM -0700, Rem P Roberti wrote:
> Is it possible to view jpegs inline using the Mutt MUA?  If so, I
> would appreciate being directed to a site that would have that
> information.

To your ".mailcap" file, add:

# This maps all types of images (image/gif, image/jpeg, etc.)
# to the viewer 'display'.
image/*; display %s

I'm using the "display" command from ImageMagick, so you just have
replace that command to your preferable viewer.

Also remember you have to select "v" from within the e-mail in Mutt, and
then select the jpeg.

See also:
http://www.pantz.org/os/linux/programs/muttsetup.shtml

--
Mvh/Brgds Harry
FreeBSD mugin.localhost 7.0-CURRENT #8: i386