Cant send email using mail but it works telnetting...

Agus agus.262 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 08:22:35 PDT 2007

2007/9/29, Christer Hermansson <mail at chdevelopment.se>:

> Agus wrote:
> > Hi list...
> >
> > I gound a problem while trying to send an email with a script using mail
> -s
> > "Subject" user at localhost
> > Then i entered the data...finished with . but it gets stuck in the queue
> > with this...
> >
> > V8
> > T1191019178
> > K1191020151
> > N2
> > P120418
> > I0/80/47582
> > MDeferred: Connection refused by himalaya.free-shells.com.ar.
> > Fbs
> > $_localhost [127.0.0.1]
> > $rESMTP
> > $severest.free-shells.com.ar
> > ${daemon_flags}
> > ${if_addr}127.0.0.1
> > S<brahama at everest.free-shells.com.ar>
> > MDeferred: Connection refused by himalaya.free-shells.com.ar.
> > rRFC822; root at himalaya.free-shells.com.ar
> > RPFD:<root at everest.free-shells.com.ar>
> > H?P?Return-Path: <<81>g>
> > H??Received: from everest.free-shells.com.ar (localhost [127.0.0.1])
> >         by everest.free-shells.com.ar (8.13.6/8.13.6) with ESMTP id
> > l8SMdc7L021779
> >         for <root at everest.free-shells.com.ar>; Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:39:38
> > -0300 (ART)
> >         (envelope-from brahama at himalaya.free-shells.com.ar)
> > H??Received: (from root at localhost)
> >         by everest.free-shells.com.ar (8.13.6/8.13.6/Submit) id
> > l8SMdc3P021778
> >         for root at localhost; Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:39:38 -0300 (ART)
> >         (envelope-from brahama)
> > H??Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:39:38 -0300 (ART)
> > H??From: User Brahama <brahama at everest.free-shells.com.ar>
> > H??Message-Id: <200709282239.l8SMdc3P021778 at everest.free-shells.com.ar>
> > H??To: root at everest.free-shells.com.ar
> > H??Subject: subjet
> > .
> >

> > My hostname is everest....my firewall/router name is himalaya....
> >
> > I think the problem is that is trying to resolve to
> > himalaya.free-shells.com.ar which is the FQDN in my NS....
> > could it be that? how can i bypass local mail to go directly to
> localhost
> > sendmail...?
> >
> > Thanks...
> >
> > PS: While telneting localhost 25 and sending it manually works....
> >
> You want the mail to be delivered to the file /var/mail/username ?
>
> I just typed at my machine (running freebsd and sendmail)
>
> mail -s "Testing" cat at localhost
> hello
> .
>
> and the mail got delivered to the file /var/mail/cat
>
> How is your sendmail configuration, I guess you have done some changes
> and not using the default ?
>
> --
>
> Christer Hermansson
>

> Hi Christer,

Thanks for the reply....exactly that...i want the mail to be delivered to
root at localhost....but is i say...i got it stucked in the queue deferred....

I didn't touch the sendmail conf..as far as i remember..also i dont know
much about sendmail conf so it would be difficult that i had modified
it...I'll check though....

thanks...and have a nice weekend all