want to install free bsd

Zbigniew Szalbot zszalbot at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 06:16:06 PDT 2007

Hi Brian,

2007/9/29, Brian Guest <brn_gst5 at yahoo.com>:
> Dear questions at FreeBSD
>
>   I would like to install freebsd 6.2 or 6.0 on my pentium three PC computer.
>   At this moment my pentium three computer has XP installed on it i do not know
>   which files from the freebsd website to download and write to a CDRW orCDR
>   could you direct me to the wright files and walk me through the process of installing
>   free bsd

I think you may download the ISO files from here:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/6.2/6.2-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso

When I was first installing freebsd a year ago I sticked to the
excellent documentation:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

I remember I repeated the installation 2-3 times because while
installing I learnt what some of the options meant (coming from
windows world I did not understand some of them).

All the best,

Zbigniew Szalbot