Getting vim to work correctly.

Predrag Punosevac punosevac at math.arizona.edu
Thu Sep 27 21:17:20 PDT 2007

Jay Chandler wrote:
> Howdy.
>
> Sorry to keep hitting the list with questions today, but does anyone
> know how to get the home, delete, end, page up, etc. keys working
> correctly in vim?
>
> It works in Linux, drives me nuts in FreeBSD...
FreeBSD by default uses nvi (new vi editor its own light version of vim)
I would try to use that before I waist time with vim. It is included in
your base distribution no need to compile. The commands are standard vi
commands.

For light editing you are probably better of to use ee (easy edit) the
simplest FreeBSD specific editor included in distribution.

This is not to say that vim doesn't work. You have to compile from ports
and since I do  not use vim I am not probably good  person to answer
your  question.