troubles with ftp access via browser

Walter walterk1 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 26 11:50:41 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've placed some files on a FBSD 6.2 server using the
standard ftpd to access them.  The content in question
is a video clip, but could be anything that I wanted to
share with people unknown.

I can access the file list with a browser on my internal
network - I do this to check that my links are good.

But I (or anyone else) can't access these files externally
with a browser, but I can access them with ftp itself.  Even
if I force a 'ftp' (for anon access) login via the browser
URL, it stalls.  I thought this had worked at one time...
(Trembles with uneasy expectation) Here's the URL:
ftp://72.40.22.156/incoming/
for anyone who wants to look at it.

On a side note, I see lots of rejected log-in attempts in
the logs from sites trying to do ftp access with "Administrator".
Is there an easy way to allow that?

TIA.