6.2 Headless Installs Don't Seem to Work.

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Sep 26 08:35:28 PDT 2007

Jonathan McKeown writes:
> (tar now does this, I believe), add the line
>
> console="comconsole"
>
> to boot/loader.conf in the directory which is the root of the CD, and then
> make a new ISO and burn a new serial install CD.

	When I do

tar vxf 6.2-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso

It mostly works as expected except for the following strange
error message observed while extracting:

x INSTALL.HTM
x INSTALL.TXT
x README.HTM
x README.TXT
x RELNOTES.HTM
x stand
x sys
tar: Ignoring out-of-order file
x RELNOTES.TXT
x .cshrc
x root/.cshrc

	There is only that one error and I wonder,
A.  What did I miss?
B. Is there a way to work around this?

As always, thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK