Override ports security restrictions?

Karol Kwiatkowski karol.kwiat at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 01:05:54 PDT 2007

Tim DeBoer wrote:
> I'm trying to install /usr/ports/graphics/png
>
> ===>  png-1.2.12_1 has known vulnerabilities:
> => png -- DoS crash vulnerability.
>    Reference: <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/4cb9c513-03ef-11dc-a51d-0019b95d4f14.html>
> => Please update your ports tree and try again.
> *** Error code 1
>
> While I can appreciate the attempt to protect me from doing something
> "stupid", I really do need to get this installed, and from what I've
> read, it looks like a non-issue for me.
>
> Is there a way to get "force" ports to install this package?

from ports(7):

%   DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES
%      If defined, disable check for security vulnerabilities
%      using portaudit(1) (ports/ports-mgmt/portaudit) when
%      installing new ports.

To force it this lony time use something like 'make
-DDISABLE_VULNERABILITIES install'.

HTH,

Karol

--
Karol Kwiatkowski   <karol.kwiat at gmail dot com>
OpenPGP 0x06E09309