Vhat kind of *simple* video card?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon Sep 24 12:44:39 PDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 08:32:51AM +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gary Kline wrote:
> >
> >	Sometimes it gets into a mode where it is super slow.  Do you,
> >	or anybody else have a clue why??
> >
> it could be caused by a faulty hard disk.

	Sometimes, after a reboot, the video is bright and the resolution
	small--large type.   Usually, the system clock seems normal.
	Are there any tools to run to test the processor speed?  Any
	other tests?  It's a new drive, somewhere around 160GB.  I never
	ran any drive tests.  ...Yet!

> Is the system just waiting?
>
> >	Also:: would a simple Matrox Millennium serve as a new video
> >	board?  I do not need/want anything gamer-fancy, so am looking
> >	for something simple, like a MM  with 8 or 16megs of video
> >	memory.
> >
> This is the kind of card to go for then.

	thanks much,

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix