OpenOffice problems

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 24 11:21:53 PDT 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Mel wrote:

> On Monday 24 September 2007 18:20:44 Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Mel wrote:
> > > Q: Do you have linux-jdk installed rather then diablo-jdk?
> >
> > No, the FreeBSD jdk15 is installed.
>
> Ah, it uses GCC 4.2, which has libstdc++ v6. -stable has v5. Did gcc 4.2 get
> uninstalled after build? if it's still there, find libstdc++.so.6
> under /usr/local and run /sbin/ldconfig -m with that directory as argument.

Yes.

Now I've found libstdc++.so.6 in /usr/local/lib/gcc-4.2.2, I made a
symlink to /usr/lib. After that it complained about a missing
libgcc_s.so.1. When I symlinked this file also in /usr/lib OO starts up.

Now it only complaines about not having a en_US locale but that is a minor
issue.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Marco

--