collecting pv entries -- suggest increasing PMAP_SHPGPERPROC

forum at redpuppy.net forum at redpuppy.net
Mon Sep 24 07:59:50 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have a new 6.2 install running postfix, amavisd-new, clamav and SpamAssassin
and over the weekend the server stopped responding with the following error.
collecting pv entries -- suggest increasing PMAP_SHPGPERPROC.  I did some google
searching on the error and found the same problem with Apache, but none with my
configuration. Most of the sites say to increase the PMAP_SHPGPERPROC, but none
say how or what to increase it to.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I should go about troubleshooting this or
what I should change my PMAP_SHPGPERPROC to? Could this be a one time fluke and I
shouldn’t worry about it?

Thanks