Why is sendmail in the core of FreeBSD?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sun Sep 23 21:42:12 PDT 2007

Wrong.  Most people who have POSTED consider Postfix/Exim better than
sendmail.  This is not at all any kind of scientific or accurate
poll.

You might consider also that Postfix is under the IBM license which
has an "advertising clause" that is incompatible with the Berkeley/
FreeBSD license that FreeBSD is under - and EXIM is under the GPL
which is utterly and totally incompatible with the FreeBSD/Berkeley
license and would probably cause problems for commercial users of
FreeBSD.

Ted