switching between WAPs

Heiko Wundram (Beenic) wundram at beenic.net
Wed Sep 19 23:44:01 PDT 2007

Am Donnerstag 20 September 2007 04:47:03 schrieb C Thala:
> That OS from the NorthWestern US seems to keep a list of WAPs and will
> detect whenever you are in the vicinity of one and use the available
> one. How can I get FreeBSD to do the same?

Try setting up a wpa_supplicant configuration (and putting "WPA DHCP" in
rc.conf); that does the proximity-switching for you (and does so for me,
happily).

I don't really know whether wpa_supplicant works with non-security-enabled
(i.e. non-WEP and non-WPA) wireless networks, but I guess there's a switch to
tell it to do so.

--
Heiko Wundram
Product & Application Development