is there any way of turning muttrc list into an evolution or other mail alias database?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Wed Sep 19 12:13:57 PDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 04:31:53PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:

> > Google says something about evo being able to import ldif files.
> > Abook can convert mutt's aliases into ldif.
>

> 	I'll google for it; thanks for the tip.

	Thanks  to Andrew's posting I did find a few references on
	how to use abook to create the basics of email addresses for
	evol.  Not enough, tho to let me get very far, tho, so if anybody
	has a sed script that can put the 'alias', "Name", <email at foo>
	into evolution format, that would be a help.   Or if any one of
	you has actually used mutt|elm and abook to do this, I'd be very
	much in your debt for an example.  I will post on my BSD
	website.

	thanks,

	gary

--