irq misses? degraded voice quality after a period of time

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 08:20:07 PDT 2007

Cross-posting because I didn't receive a reply from asterisk-bsd.

System config:
FreeBSD 6.2
Asterisk SVN-trunk-r76371M
Zaptel svn 130
Sangoma a101

kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   14 0xc0400000 709648   kernel
 2    1 0xc0b0a000 13200    geom_mirror.ko
 3    3 0xc0b1e000 33f90    zaptel.ko
 4    1 0xc0b52000 6ad4     zaphfc.ko
 5    1 0xc4e34000 16000    linux.ko
 6    3 0xc4fc6000 52000    wanpipe.ko
 7    2 0xc5018000 16000    sdladrv.ko
 8    3 0xc502e000 6000     wanrouter.ko
 9    1 0xc5042000 16000    wanpipe_lip.ko
10    1 0xc505c000 47000    wanec.ko

Intially the system works quite well.  However after the system has
been running awhile(overnight) voice quality drops dramtically.
zttest at that point usually reveals seemingly random worst
measurements at around 97.XXXXXX%.

--- Results after 224 passes ---
Best: 99.987793 -- Worst: 97.692871 -- Average: 99.881243

 After a reboot, I get results like the following.

--- Results after 70 passes ---
Best: 99.987793 -- Worst: 99.975586 -- Average: 99.987444

during which the voice quality is excellent for a time.

During the bad voice quality periods, the brunt of the poor quality is
on the remote user end who hears loud clicks among other things.
Internal phones(all sip) may hear occasional, brief dead air which I
assume is during the clicks.

This is my first phone system endeavour so I'm not quite sure how to
resolve this.  Some information seems to point at IRQ misses as the
cause so I insured the card is on it's own IRQ and disabled apic
however the symptoms still remain.

Thanks
-
Adam Vande More