php5-5.2.3_1 / website behaves as if not enabled in httpd.conf [SOLVED]

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Wed Sep 12 21:06:33 PDT 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:45:29 +0200 Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

> [...]

Ah right, that makes more sense, now matching my similar experience :)

 > > > maybe this was already mentioned, but what do you have DirectoryIndex
 > > > set to?
 > > >
 > > > it should look something like:
 > > >
 > > > DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
 > >
 > > All is fine here. I do have index.php listed. The file httpd.conf came
 > > almost without any modification (apart from usual php4 replaced php5
 > > references during update).
 >
 > I was given advice on php list to comment out everything in mod_dir.c
 > starting from
 > <IfModule mod_dir.c>
 >     <IfModule mod_php3.c>
 >         <IfModule mod_php4.c>
 >
 > and then enter just this:
 >
 > <IfModule mod_dir.c>
 >    DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html index.htm
 > </IfModule>
 >
 > Everything now works very well! Thank you all for your patience with me!

Cool.  That is why I'd asked earlier to see your <IfModule mod_dir.c>
section; I'd had exactly that same problem last December, which I solved
the long way around, adding what I thought was one way the php5 install
could/should have done it (which comes to the same thing, in the end):

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
        <IfModule mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html
        </IfModule>
        <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.php3 index.html
        </IfModule>