Which versioning system is the simplest to use??

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Tue Sep 11 12:59:16 PDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 03:41:14PM -0300, Agus wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I am doing a little bit of security and log watching with sec.pl and
> was trying to mantain de secconf files organized...  So whenever one
> is changed it keeps track of the change and can rollback....
>
> O that is what i am going to use de versioning sytem for...
>
> I will appreciate your tips very much....

CVS is already in FreeBSD. It works very well but is widely accepted
that a redesign could do better. Subversion's stated goal is to be a
better CVS than CVS. The commands are very much the same but most else
is different underneath.

A negative to Subversion is that it tries to be everything for everyone.
Doesn't appear to be a subversion-lite version available.

At the moment I continue to use CVS for older stuff that was started
under CVS, and SVN for new stuff.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net