Sadly, my tinker-time has run out....

Pollywog lists-fbsd at shadypond.com
Mon Sep 10 16:42:52 PDT 2007

On Monday 10 September 2007 22:21:58 doug wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Pollywog wrote:

> I am using tightvnc-1.2.9_1 on FreeBSD and the windows versions of tightvnc
> on win2k and windows XP Pro. On FreeBSD I only have used vncviewer running
> the server on the winders boxes. I am using FreeBSD 6.2. The only issue I
> had was the screen quality with XP Pro which went away with the latest
> version of the tightvnc windows software. On Mac OS/X I am running Vine VNC
> from Redstone Software.
>
> The thing that I have not tried is going from windows/mac to FreeBSD, using
> ssh for that. Is that the issue for you?

The issue for me was connecting from FreeBSD to FreeBSD, but it is working
now.  The problem was that on the FreeBSD laptop from which I was connecting,
the lo0 interface was not actually up.  If I set the IP address 127.0.0.1 to
lo0 and then tried to connect via SSH, it worked.  I fixed the problem with a
small edit  of /etc/rc.conf