Gstripe during install

n j nino80 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 05:08:17 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have a machine which has 2 (identical) hard disks. I would like to
create RAID-0 GEOM stripe (gstripe(8)) to merge these 2 disks into 1
disk with larger capacity and install FreeBSD on it. There is this
article (http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/11/10/FreeBSD_Basics.html)
which shows how to setup RAID-1 gmirror during install suggesting that
what I'm trying to accomplish is possible. However, I haven't found
any pointers to doing same with gstripe. If anyone knows how to do
this and if it's possible at all, please share.

On the other hand, if setting up gstripe during install is not
possible, is it possible to install FreeBSD on one disk and later
setup the gstripe to use the entire capacity? Or, since performance is
not a key issue here, maybe use gconcat?

Any input is appreciated!

--
Nino