mail server setup questions - OT answer

Bill Vermillion bv at wjv.com
Fri Sep 7 03:20:29 PDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 20:40 , freebsd-questions-request at freebsd.org exclaimed "Las Cucarachas
entran, Pero no pueden salir", and then rambled on saying with:

> Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 13:28:59 -0400
> From: DAve <dave.list at pixelhammer.com>
> Subject: Re: mail server setup questions
> To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org

> Bill Vermillion wrote:

[much deleted to make just one OT comment - wjv]

Dave said:
> We use Sendmail on our gateways for it's excellent milter support and
> versatile configuration. It has more knobs than a recording studio.

Before I became self-employed in the computer arena I was a
recording engineer.  The Sphere Eclipse C [that I had a lot of
input on the layout] had over 3000 knobs/switches on it's
12-foot width. [weight just under 2000 pounds]

And the front panel alignment adjustments on my Studer A-800
24-track totalled about 800.  The vast majority were used only for
initial setups.  Of course will all the options under Sendmail
I suspect that you could get close to that number.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com