mail server setup questions

Zbigniew Szalbot zszalbot at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:04:51 PDT 2007

Hello

2007/9/5, Andrey Shuvikov <mr.hyro at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a home mailserver with imap/web access. But I was
> going to use exim. Several people mentioned postfix here, but nobody
> named exim. Is it a matter of personal preference or is exim not
> suitable for this task?

It is more than suitable. Both postfix and exim are comparable and
powerful MTAs. I personally use Exim but that's because I started with
it. It is very customizable.

For those who begin their adventure with exim, maybe even vexim is
better because you get everything virtualised (virtual users, domains,
etc.) and you define your emails, quotas, etc. via browser.
http://silverwraith.com/vexim/

Regards,

Zbigniew Szalbot