no SMP without ACPI? (amd64)

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Tue Sep 4 23:01:38 PDT 2007

Join the club - I think all of us with a lot of systems have a
few around in that same boat.  I know I do.

All I can say is fill out as detailed a PR as you possibly can
and hope for the best.  And don't forget to add screaming at Tyan
to the list - if these stupid motherboard manufacturers never
hear from us they don't pay attention to us.

You can also try changing BIOS versions, and dicking around with
BIOS settings, sometimes that helps.

Ted