Booting to root on gmirror with disk failure, is it even possible?

Modulok modulok at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:31:15 PDT 2007

Before I invest significantly more time into my current gmirror
issues, I have but two simple questions for anyone out there:

1. Has anyone used gmirror for the root partition and been able to
successfully boot with one failed (or un-plugged) disk? It's the
latter part of the question that is the real issue for me. I'm just
looking for a confirmed "it's possible".

2. If yes, what version of FreeBSD, what brand/model of hard disks,
and what mainboard was used?

Thanks.
-Modulok-