wpa_supplicant question

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Sat Sep 1 08:08:01 PDT 2007

On Saturday 01 September 2007 16:47:49 Xihong Yin wrote:
> Thanks, I thought it was the problem of the argument. But I still can not
> connect to my Access Point using wap_supplicant while I can connect by
> 'ifconfig'. It always connects to a different network which is in the
> previous DHCP leases. But this network is not what I specified in my
> /etc/wap_supplicant.conf file.
>
> My /etc/wap_supplicant.conf looks like this:
>
> network={
>    ssid="home"
>    key_mgmt=NONE
>    wep_key1=1234567890
>    wep_tx_keyidx=1
> }

Unless that's a typo, it would be /etc/wpa_supplicant not wap.
Also make sure you don't specify the 0x in wep_key1. Also try wep_key0 and
wep_tx_keyidx=0. It automagically worked for me on one install.

That said, I don't have much luck with wpa_supplicant either, some cards it
works some cards it doesn't and the output isn't very informative. Recently
`ifconfig ath0 up scan' seems to make all network traffic stop, even if
you're connected through a wire.

--
Mel

People using reply to all on lists, must think I need 2 copies.