skype trouble

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Sat Sep 1 05:10:19 PDT 2007

On Saturday 01 September 2007 13:53:36 Tsu-Fan Cheng wrote:

> On 9/1/07, Mel <fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net> wrote:
> > On Saturday 01 September 2007 13:29:01 Tsu-Fan Cheng wrote:
> > > skype_bin: error while loading shared libraries:
> >
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1:
> > > ELF file OS ABI invalid
> > >
> > > this is probably not a skype problem, but what should I do?? thanks!!
> >
> > Do you have an nvidia driver installed without linux-compat?
> >
> yah, i have nvidia-driver installed, and i have linux_enable="YES" in
> rc.conf.

If you have nvidia-driver installed, linux compat enabled but did NOT compile
nvidia-driver with linux compat, that would explain this problem.
You can find out by:
grep LINUX /var/db/ports/nvidia-driver/options

If it says WITHOUT_LINUX=true then:
(cd /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/ && make rmconfig )
portupgrade -f nvidia-driver

(Or whatever ports management tool you use)
Make sure that "Build with support for Linux compatibility" is on in the
configuration dialogue.

If it says WITH_LINUX=true I'll need the output of:
/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -p|grep libGL.so
--
Mel

People using reply to all on lists, must think I need 2 copies.