Core dump

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Wed Oct 31 16:47:40 PDT 2007

On 2007-10-31 15:32, Rem P Roberti <rem at remdog.net> wrote:
> A program that I use has started giving me this error message when I try
> to load it:
>
> Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
>
> Can someone give me a heads up on what's going on here.  I've done a
> reinstall to no avail.

Is there any reason why you can't tell us the name of the program?

The more details you provide, the easier it is going to be for someone
else to help you troubleshoot the problem.

Do you have a debug-build of the program around?  If you do, you can use
gdb(1) to try to grab a stack trace of the program, and with a little
luck and a bit of effort, it may even be possible to find out the root
cause of the segmentation fault.

Giorgos