release(8) environmental variables

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Wed Oct 31 08:05:17 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 13:54 +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2007-10-30 18:02, "Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org> wrote:
> >
> > As far as building goes, the variables in play are:
> >
> >   DESTDIR, MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX, RELEASEDIR, CHROOTDIR, CVSROOT,
> >   EXTSRCDIR, EXTDOCDIR, BUIILDNAME, RELEASETAG, NODOC, NOPORTS,
> >   WORLD_FLAGS, LOCAL_SCRIPT
> >
> > For stage one of the release process, the following seem relevant:
> >
> >   DESTDIR, MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX, RELEASEDIR
> >
> > For stage two:
> >
> >   CHROOTDIR, CVSROOT, EXTSRCDIR, EXTDOCDIR, BUIILDNAME, RELEASETAG, NODOC,
> >   NOPORTS, WORLD_FLAGS, LOCAL_SCRIPT
> >
> > Do you guys prefer to set these in make.conf(5) or as exported
> > environmental variables in the shell that spawn's make(1) ?

I ask because I noticed that the following variablkes do not get honored
by "make release" that occurs inside the chroot() as spawned by "make
release" (presumably during release.5)

DESTDIR, MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX, RELEASEDIR

For example, OBJs get sent right into $CHROOTDIR/usr/obj/, which really
sucks.

~BAS