telnet mydomain.ild 465 : connection closed

Pollywog lists-fbsd at shadypond.com
Tue Oct 30 14:48:03 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 30 October 2007 09:18:17 dhaneshk k wrote:

> telnet localhost 465
> Trying ::1...
> telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.sun.iosn.net.
> Escape character is '^]'.
>  ////  upto this line oly  I am getting out put    not showing the line
> 220 host.domain.tld ESMTP Postfix
>
> Q1 :   when I tested with the EHLO test.com  command  telnet connection
> closed immediately    why this  ?

Look at /etc/hosts

The line that is at the top is in IPv6 format?
If so, move it down so it appears below the line that says:

127.0.0.1		localhost

(I sent this a while ago but it did not appear to have actually been sent;
apologies if it posts twice)

I think that will fix the problem.

I have sent this twice, but I never saw it post.