Problem with VNC on AMD64

Josh Carroll josh.carroll at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:15:16 PDT 2007

> vnc-4.1.2_2 from ports. I wonder if this is related to it compiling
> against ancient XFree86 source?

The tightvnc port has the same problem, actually. Same message in the
vnc log, but also another:

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range
for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  102 (X_ChangeKeyboardControl)
  Value in failed request:  0x3c
  Serial number of failed request:  6
Xlib: sequence lost (0x10000 > 0x8) in reply type 0x0!
X Error of failed request:  0
  Major opcode of failed request:  0 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  0

Would it matter that the window manager itself is linked
against/compiled against X.org, while these VNC ports use old XFree86?
I wouldn't think so, unless Xlib is different enough.

Perhaps this should be posted to freebsd-x11 instead?

Josh