i810 driver problem

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Oct 29 10:00:13 PDT 2007

Predrag Punosevac wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody encountered any problems with i810 video
> driver on 7.0Beta15 current.
> Namely I did yesterday a fresh installation of an older Pentium III
> machine and was unable to get X going.
> I got Xorg as pkg_add -r by the way and the rest of the system was
> installed from ISO image.
> Yes, I did have
>
> Section "ServerFlags"
>          Option "IgnoreAbi" "on"
> EndSection
>
> I looked carefully xorg.conf.new and the listed video driver was i810. I
> did not manually compile that driver as I thought that was included into
> XOrg( at least on two other new computers I use i810 driver and it was
> included into XOrg).
> I tried though to load it manually into kernel by editing load.conf
> file. Sorry I am not enclosing  log file as  I wiped
> installation. It was very late last night and I thought it will take me
> half an hour to get things working. I end up spending
> 3 hours.

Stupid question (especially since I dunno much about 7.0 yet),
but you did have agp_load="YES" in loader.conf, and /dev/agpgart
was created successfully?

Note that I suppose it's possible this isn't necessary in 7.x,
but it has been in the other branches for a Long Time Now(tm).

> Then I tried PC-BSD 1.4 which is 6.2 stable from July and everything
> went without a hitch.
> I checked xorg.conf and I saw that the listed driver is
> Xf86-video-intel-2.1.1
>
> Should I try to install Xf86-video-intel-2.1.1 and then just try to hand
> configure xorg.conf file.
>
> I did notice some discussion yesterday about i810 but I thought it was
> relevant just for upgrading not for the new installation.
>
> Any input or suggestion will be appreciated.
>
> Predrag Punosevac

Hoping it helps,

Kevin Kinsey
--
Your computer account is overdrawn.  Please reauthorize.