xorg 7.3 "module vesa does not exist"

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Sat Oct 27 23:38:15 PDT 2007

On Saturday 27 October 2007, Steve Franks said:
> I thought I followed the upgrading instructions explicitly.  vesa,
> i810, mouse and keyboard modules all don't exist.  Path problem, or
> am I missing some key component?  Or wipe my system and start over?
>
> Steve

From UPDATING:

If you plan on keeping your current /etc/X11/xorg.conf, make sure you
change ModulePath to /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules prior to running X.

If you run into problems running the new X server, try moving aside
your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and allow X to run with default values. After
that you can see the default values in a log file
(e.g. /var/log/Xorg.0.log) and fix your xorg.conf according to the
defaults.

Cheers,

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html