USB->Serial adapter, how to make /dev/cuad* appear? [Solved]

Benjamin Lutz mail at maxlor.com
Thu Oct 25 08:39:34 PDT 2007

I finally figured this out. Turns out the FreeBSD side of things worked
from the start, and it was the hardware that was broken. A replacement
adapter works like a charm.

Oh and yes, Oliver, you're perfectly right, /dev/cuaU0 is indeed created
by ucom. I was confused by the device having the creation date of when
the system was booted, even though it was dynamically created a couple
of days later.

Thanks for all your help!

Cheers
Benjamin